A genuine interest in the success of Alaskans
First National Bank and its employees support non-profit community groups across the state. The bank contributes about $1 million annually to charities and community events. Read more about our donation guidelines or download our Request for Donation form (495 KB PDF)*. See the list of charitable organizations we helped in 2012 (48 KB PDF).
The following organizations receive First National's ongoing support:
Alaska School Activities Association: Competition, Harmony, Success
Competing, whether on the playing field, on stage, or in the classroom, teaches students how to set goals and achieve them. Succeeding in that process gives students a sense of pride, confidence and self esteem.
First National is proud of our leadership role in helping the youth of our state succeed, such as our title sponsorship of ASAA state championships.
American Red CrossFirst National Bank Alaska and its branches statewide are strong supporters of the American Red Cross of Alaska, with a focus on the Red Cross Disaster and Emergency Service programs, and the Real Heroes Awards, recognizing ordinary Alaskans who bravely face extraordinary circumstances.
The bank continues its support of public radio in Alaska by sponsoring Alaska Public Radio Network news and cultural programs broadcast in communities throughout the state.
Other development activities
- Small business, budgeting and home loan workshops;
- Purchase of tax credits to help build affordable housing for low to moderate income and disabled individuals;
- Participation in Women$Fund, a micro-loan program offered through the YWCA of Anchorage;
- Technical assistance to the 8(a) Program of the Small Business Administration, Junior Achievement and other programs;
- Major private support for the Alaska Small Business Development Center's Rural Business Outreach Program, the Kenai Small Business Development Center and BUY ALASKA program;
- Participating lender in gap financing programs for low to moderate income home purchasers through the ANCHOR program, Fairbanks Neighborhood Housing, Cook Inlet Housing Authority, and Interior Regional Housing Authority.
* PDFs may require that you download the free Adobe Reader application.