Many business owners know that a large number of customers prefer to pay using plastic instead of paper. But what is the most effective way for your business to give customers the option to pay with credit or debit cards? First National Bank Alaska’s merchant services is the answer. Unlike many other merchant services providers, when you use First National’s credit and debit card processing tool, local experts, who understand the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Alaska, are available to help you every step of the way.
Make merchant services work for you
Most businesses are familiar with the standard point-of-sale terminal, at which the customer swipes their card and the funds are verified and authorized. But there are many other choices available. A merchant services representative can help you decide which specific tool is best suited for your company’s needs.
Here are some of the additional options available:
• Touch Tone - Use your telephone keypad to get authorization on a customer’s credit card.
• PC Software - Process credit cards through your computer.
• Point-of-Sale Restaurant Value Exchange System - Place orders and ring up sales on a touch-screen cash register.
• Point-of-Sale Retail Value Exchange System - Consolidate the card terminal and cash register into one machine.
• Internet Software - Allow customers to shop and pay for goods and services online safely and securely.
• Reoccurring Software - Receive payments that are the same every month by setting up a file to automatically transmit payments from reoccurring customers’ accounts.
• Kiosk Software - Allow customers to make purchases without a merchant present.
• Lodging Software - Experience a more convenient transaction with check-in and check-out features.
Enjoy local and personal customer service
Once you’ve signed up for the merchant services option that works best for your business, First National continues to support you with all of your merchant services needs. From stopping by your business to help set up your merchant services system or troubleshoot a problem to answering questions that may arise along the way, local experts are right here in Alaska to assist you and your business.
Enhance business with merchant services by:
• Boosting sales
Consumers tend to spend more when they are not limited to cash on hand. Plus, you may be unintentionally turning customers away if you don’t give them the option to pay with their card.
• Improving efficiency
Accepting credit cards speeds up the checkout process and improves efficiency. Paperless payments save time and money by minimizing cash handling and payment reconciliation, which gives you more time to manage and grow your business.
• Increasing safety
When you accept credit and debit cards, your business will have less cash on hand, helping to make it less vulnerable to theft.
Learn how to put merchant services to work for your business by calling our Merchant Services experts at 777-4504 or 1-800-856-4FNB for communities outside Anchorage.
This bi-monthly newsletter is sent to Alaska business owners, managers and community leaders.
The articles and opinions in this publication are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. We suggest you consult your attorney, accountant, financial or tax adviser with regard to your individual situation. Entire publication. For publication information, call (907) 777-3409.