First step to financial success -- good money management
Use a Teen Checking account to help your teenage co-owner learn how to manage money. This financial education tool is a transaction account that can help teens learn how to manage a bank account.
With guidance, your teenage co-owner can learn how accounts, debit cards and checks function. Most importantly, they learn the responsibilities and risks involved in owning a bank account.
Security and efficiency are lessons your teenage co-owner learns when they use online banking and electronic statements for their Teen Checking account.
- Eligible to minors (ages 12-17) with an adult co-owner at least 21 years of age
- $3.00 monthly maintenance fee, waived with use of e-statement
- First National Bank Alaska Debit MasterCard® Teen Card with no monthly fee
- Up to 10 checks per month at no additional charge; $0.20 per check in excess of 10
- Teen Card merchant category codes for gambling, alcohol and tobacco, etc. are blocked
- No additional charge for Teen Card transactions
- Overdraft protection available from a regular savings account
- Other standard fees apply (ATM Owner Fees, Stop Payments, OD/NSF, Research, etc.)
- Contact us for additional details on how to open your account.
Customize the look of your Teen Checking debit card (Teen Card).
Other accounts to check out