Teen Checking Account
A first step to financial success
Education transaction account used to help your teenage co-owner learn how to manage money and a bank account.
- No minimum deposit to open
- Eligible to minors (ages 12-17) with an adult co-owner at least 21 years of age
- Monthly service fee of $3, waived with use of e-statement
- First National Bank Alaska Debit MasterCard®, Teen Card with no monthly fee
- No additional charge for Teen Card transactions
- Up to 10 checks per month at no additional charge; $0.20 per check in excess of 10
- Teen Card merchant category codes for gambling, alcohol and tobacco, etc. are blocked
- Overdraft protection available from a regular savings account
- Other standard fees apply (ATM Owner Fees, Stop Payments, OD/NSF, Research, etc.)
- Contact us for additional details on how to open your account.
- Customize the look of your Teen Checking debit card (Teen Card).
Other accounts to check out
Financial Tips, Tools & More
- QUICK TIPS for Managing Your Money and Simple Strategies and Practical Guidance for Borrowing, Saving, Banking and Avoiding Scams from FDIC News.
- American Bankers Association Education Foundation Financial Tips and Resources
- American Bankers Association Education Foundation Financial Calculators
- Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education