- American Medical News The print and online news publication for physicians published by the American Medical Association. In addition to news, American Medical News features a number of columns which should be of interest to the medical practice owner (some specific ones are called out below).
- Healthcare Financial Management Association HFMA is the leading membership organization for healthcare financial management executives and leaders.
- AMA Wire — Practice Management A column on managing your practice. Topics include money matters, staffing issues, marketing, resource management, and more.
- Body of Knowledge — Business Operations Helpful business development materials from the ACMPE. Topics include: Niche marketing, starting a new practice, business plans and staffing.
Associations & Organizations
- Alaska Medical Group Management Association As a professional organization of group practice administrators, managers, healthcare executives, consultants and vendors located throughout Alaska, AKMGMA provides resources to enhance the skills required of medical practice management professionals. The association offers educational programs, federal and state updates affecting the medical practice, as well as networking opportunities.
- MGMA — Medical Group Management Association The premier membership association for professional administrators and leaders of medical group practices.
- The American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) The standard-setting and certification organization for group practice professionals.
- Alaska eHealth Network AeHN provides news updates on state and national activities related to health information exchange and provides discussion space for all Alaskans to comment on issues related to health information exchange.
- Alaska EHR Alliance The Alaska Electronic Health Record Alliance, Inc. supports the development of affordable, interoperable electronic health records for non-public sector healthcare providers in Alaska.
- Alaska Nurse Practitioners Association The ANPA encourages communication among Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and other groups engaged in health care, supports and promotes increased availability of NP services in Alaska, and provides resources, support and encouragement to NPs and NP students.
Resources for Native Communities
- Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
- Alaska State Medical Board The board adopts regulations to carry out the laws governing the practice of Medicine in Alaska. It makes final licensing decisions and takes disciplinary action against people who violate the licensing laws.