Investment Management and Trust Services
It’s never too early – or too late – to start planning for the future, regardless of your age or phase in life. Whether it’s rolling IRAs, administering a trust account or investing for the future, enjoy the confidence of knowing your long term goals are managed right here in Alaska when you work with a local team of experts at First National Bank Alaska.
Investment Management Accounts - For help meeting your long-term investment goals, turn to the professionals at First National. We offer a full range of investment management services to meet your needs. Only First National gives you more than 65 years of expertise handling Investment Management Accounts and the assurance of working with one of the nation’s highest rated banks for safety and soundness.
- Directed – You instruct us when and how to invest your account.
- Non-directed – We make investment decisions guided by your investment goals.
Trusts - A trust ensures your beneficiaries’ inheritance is protected. While a Will stipulates how you want your assets distributed after you die, a trust allows you to determine when and how to distribute those funds. We will work with you and your attorney to develop an estate plan that suits your needs that may include:
- Revocable trusts – These trusts allow you to change the terms of the trust as situations necessitate.
- Irrevocable trusts – These trusts can't be modified or terminated without getting the approval of everyone involved, including the beneficiaries.
- Testamentary trusts– A trust established in a Will to manage or distribute all or part of the estate.
- Alaska Community Property Trusts – A trust that can provide estate and income tax benefits to married couples’ estate planning through community or separate property elections.
- Alaska Qualified Trusts – A unique trust created under statutes of Alaska that permits trust provisions not permitted in other states.
- Life insurance trusts - An irrevocable trust which is both the owner and beneficiary of one or more life insurance policies to provide security to your family.
- Charitable trusts - An irrevocable trust established for charitable purposes.
Retirement plans- Our team can help you create a long-term investment and cash-flow plan for retirement income that lets you face your future with confidence.
- Rollover Traditional IRAs and transfers from 401(k) and other qualified plans
- Rollover Roth IRAs and transfers from 401(k) and other qualified plans
Estate probate - Personal representative services and estate administration services
Conservatorships - When a judge appoints a guardian or a protector to manage financial affairs due to physical or mental limitations.First National can help establish and administer the conservatorship to meet court requirements.
Will and trust safekeeping services – Safe storage for your estate planning documents
Securities recommended or acquired in any fiduciary account administered by the Trust Department of First National Bank are not FDIC insured and may involve investment risk, including possible loss of capital. Such securities are not obligations of First National Bank and are not guaranteed by First National Bank.
For information on business investment management and trust services, click here.
For current investment options and help in planning your long-term financial goals, call us at 907-777-4560.