Why Work at First National?
Voted "Best Place to Work in Alaska" Four Years Running
Alaska Business magazine readers voted First National the “Best Place to Work” in the Best of Alaska Business Awards for the fourth consecutive year.
“First National’s mission statement, written nearly 80 years ago, has always included having a pleasant working environment for our employees,” said First National Board Chair and CEO Betsy Lawer. “It’s an integral part of the bank’s culture and we’re honored by the recognition of this from our fellow Alaskans. It’s just one more reason we believe in Alaska – because Alaska believes in us.”
More reasons to work for First National
In 2018, American Banker recognized First National as a “Best Bank to Work For” and MSN.com named First National the most admired company in the state. In October 2018, First National received the Rita Sholton Large Business of the Year Award from the Alaska Chamber.
We are looking for people who are:
- Focused on customer service
- Honest and dependable
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Community leaders
- Committed to workplace diversity
Career Opportunities with Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental benefit choices
- Health Savings Account with sizeable employer contribution deposited annually
- Wide variety of voluntary, employee-paid benefits
- 401(k) retirement and profit sharing plan with a very generous employer match
- Cash Profit Share opportunity
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
- Extremely generous paid time off program
- Opportunity for flexible work hours and schedule, where appropriate
- Training and development opportunities
We appreciate your interest in employment with us.