Why Work at First National?
Voted "Best Place to Work in Alaska" Eight Years Running
Alaska Business magazine readers voted First National the “Best Place to Work” in the Best of Alaska Business Awards for the eighth consecutive year. “Thank you, Alaska, for your confidence in First National,” said Board Chair and CEO/President Betsy Lawer. “For more than a century, we have fostered a workplace where every team member feels valued. As Alaska’s community bank, it’s our mission to take care of our employees, customers and community to shape a brighter tomorrow for all Alaskans.”
“Congratulations, First National, for being recognized as Best Place to Work for the eighth straight year,” said Alaska Business Vice President and General Manager Jason Martin. “With a total of 20 Best of Alaska Business awards since the contest began in 2016, First National is a great example of what it means to be the Best of Alaska Business.”
More reasons to work for First National
Watch our employees explain firsthand why they love working at First National Bank Alaska.
In 2023, for the fifth year in a row, First National was voted a winner in the Anchorage Daily News "Best of Alaska" Awards, this year earning the top spot, the Platinum Award in the Bank/Financial category. American Banker recognized First National in 2022 as a “Best Bank to Work For” for the fifth year running.
Alaska’s community bank since 1922, First National proudly meets the financial needs of Alaskans with ATMs and 28 locations in 19 communities throughout the state, and by providing banking services to meet their needs across the nation and around the world.
We are looking for people who are:
- Focused on customer service
- Honest and dependable
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Community leaders
- Committed to workplace diversity
Career Opportunities with Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental benefit choices
- Health Savings Account with sizeable employer contribution deposited annually
- Wide variety of voluntary, employee-paid benefits
- 401(k) retirement and profit sharing plan with a very generous employer match
- Cash Profit Share opportunity
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
- Extremely generous paid time off program
- Opportunity for flexible work hours and schedule, where appropriate
- Training and development opportunities
We appreciate your interest in employment with us.