Why Work at First National?
Voted "Best Place to Work in Alaska" Seven Years Running
Alaska Business magazine readers voted First National the “Best Place to Work” in the Best of Alaska Business Awards for the seventh consecutive year.
“In 1922, First National opened with two employees and $500,000 in capital. Throughout the years, we’ve helped generations of Alaskans shape a brighter tomorrow,” said Board Chair and CEO/President Betsy Lawer. “Our incredible 600+ employees are the ones who have made it all possible. We couldn’t have reached our Centennial anniversary without them.
“I am so grateful to Alaskans who count First National as a Best Place to Work and look forward to seeing how our employees continue to foster a culture of success, no matter the obstacles, for the next 100 years and beyond. Thank you.”
More reasons to work for First National
In 2021, American Banker recognized First National as a “Best Bank to Work For” for the fourth year in a row, and Anchorage Daily News readers voted the bank one of the state’s top three financial institutions for the third year in a row in the ADN “Best of Alaska” Awards. In 2022, Alaska Business readers voted the bank the “Best of Alaska Business” in the Best Place to Work category for the seventh year in a row and Best Bank/Credit Union for a second time.
Alaska’s community bank since 1922, First National proudly meets the financial needs of Alaskans with ATMs and 28 locations in 19 communities throughout the state, and by providing banking services to meet their needs across the nation and around the world.
We are looking for people who are:
- Focused on customer service
- Honest and dependable
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Community leaders
- Committed to workplace diversity
Career Opportunities with Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental benefit choices
- Health Savings Account with sizeable employer contribution deposited annually
- Wide variety of voluntary, employee-paid benefits
- 401(k) retirement and profit sharing plan with a very generous employer match
- Cash Profit Share opportunity
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
- Extremely generous paid time off program
- Opportunity for flexible work hours and schedule, where appropriate
- Training and development opportunities
We appreciate your interest in employment with us.