CDs and IRAs
Make Your Money Work
Ready to take the next step in your personal financial planning? First National can help you ensure your future financial security with confidence.
Certificates of Deposit (CD)
Set aside funds for a specific date or purpose. Earn a specified, competitive rate of interest until maturity. Certificate may be used as collateral for loans or withdrawn early for emergencies. Account details:
- Minimum deposit of $750 to open
- Interest accrues from the first day of deposit
- Tiered interest rates by dollar amount and duration
- Terms on amounts over $1,000,000 must be approved in advance
- Maturity notice mailed prior to maturity date
- Government regulated penalty applies for early withdrawal
- Automatically renewable when specified at time of purchase (not available on CDs over $1,000,000)
- Bank rate at time of renewal will apply
On auto-renewable CDs with a term of 365 days or less, interest may be paid to a First National Bank Alaska account, or compounded to the certificate on the maturity date. Longer term certificates require periodic interest payouts (at least annually) be made to a First National Bank Alaska checking or savings account.
Interest is calculated using the daily balance computation method; for current annual percentage yield (APY) and balance/maturity tiers, click here.
Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
A nest egg for your retirement. Money put into an IRA can often be deducted from your taxes, depending on your involvement in an employer-sponsored retirement plan.
Ask a Customer Service Representative for more information on your Traditional or Roth IRA.