Invested in the Success of Alaskans
First National Bank and its employees give to non-profit community groups across the state, as seen in this list of community organizations supported in 2021. The bank contributes some $1 million annually to charities and community events. If your organization would like to request a charitable contribution from First National, review our donation guidelines which accompany our Request for Donation Form (495k PDF). The following organizations are a few of those receiving First National's ongoing support:
Alaska School Activities Association (ASAA)
Competing, whether on the playing field, on stage, or in the classroom, teaches students how to set goals and achieve them. Succeeding in that process gives students a sense of pride, confidence and self-esteem. First National is proud of our leadership role in helping the youth of our state succeed.
American Red Cross
First National Bank Alaska and its branches statewide are strong supporters of the American Red Cross of Alaska, with a focus on the Red Cross Disaster and Emergency Service programs, and the Real Heroes Awards, recognizing ordinary Alaskans who bravely face extraordinary circumstances.
The bank continues its support of public radio in Alaska by sponsoring Alaska Public Radio Network news and cultural programs broadcast in communities throughout the state.
The bank has supported Alaska’s United Way from their very beginning in 1956, when Lucy Cuddy helped found the United Good Neighbors Fund. The bank and its dedicated staff continue to contribute to the annual community drives throughout our communities.
- Small business, budgeting and home loan workshops
- Purchase of tax credits to help build affordable housing for low-to-moderate income and disabled individuals
- Technical assistance in support of loan programs of the Small Business Administration, Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA), Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and Office of Indian Energy and Economic Development (IEED), HUD Title VI, and in support of nonprofits such as American Red Cross of Alaska, Bean’s Café, Junior Achievement, and many others
- Major private support for the Alaska Pacific University Early Honors Program, Blood Bank of Alaska, Boys & Girls Clubs Alaska, Covenant House Alaska, University of Alaska Small Business Development Center, University of Alaska Fairbanks Community and Technical College, and University of Alaska Southeast Getting Ready for College Program
- Participating lender in gap financing programs for low-to-moderate income home purchasers through Alaska Housing Finance Corporation, Cook Inlet Housing Authority, Fannie Mae, NeighborWorks Alaska, USDA, HUD and Federal Home Loan Bank