Digital wallets are apps or software that allow customers to access their debit card information and make purchases securely on their mobile devices (smartphone, smartwatch, and tablet) instead of using a physical plastic debit card or cash. Customers can pay quickly with a tap of their smartphone anywhere digital wallets are accepted.
Digital wallet - A fast and secure payment solution
Conduct transactions with your smartphone. Add your First National personal or business debit card to Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay® or Google Pay™ and save the hassle of using your physical card to make purchases. It’s a fast, simple and secure way to pay.
How to get started
1. Add your eligible First National debit card to your digital wallet.
2. Access your digital wallet and choose your First National debit card when you check out at a participating business.
3. Receive payment confirmation on your device.
Beginning July 19, you may add your personal and business debit cards to compatible digital wallets of your choice for easy and secure payment processing.
First National personal and business debit cards will be compatible with:
- Apple Pay®
- Samsung Pay®
- Google Pay™
For security, your card numbers and personal information are stored on your mobile devices. They are not shared with the merchants where you use your digital wallets.
Yes. Simply load your personal or business debit card in to the digital wallet(s) of your choice. Upload instructions may vary depending on which digital wallets you choose to use.
How to get started:
- Add your eligible First National debit card to your digital wallet.
- Access your digital wallet and choose your First National debit card when you check out at a participating business.
- Receive payment confirmation on your device.
On the go – Wherever there is a contactless symbol (pictured below), you may complete a purchase by holding your phone up to the symbol on the payment terminal.
Online – Many websites allow users to select a digital wallet as the payment option at checkout, instead of having to enter your debit card information each time you make a purchase.
In-app – Digital wallets can be used for things like ride shares, morning coffee, or food delivery services.
Digital wallets simplify the purchasing experience by largely eliminating the need to enter and re-enter your card number when purchasing on a connected device. It also helps prevent fraud by removing sensitive card and account information from the payment process. This:
- Enhances transaction efficiency
- Improves transaction security
- Provides a secure method for third-party enablement (for example, wallet, near field communication [NFC], and QR Codes)
- Reduces the risk of fraud in digital channels
Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay are compatible with First National personal and business debit cards. At this time, teen checking and HSA debit cards are not compatible with any digital wallets.
No, First National credit cards are not compatible with digital wallets at this time. Only First National personal and business debit cards are compatible.
Look for the contactless symbol below at checkout.
Yes. Digital wallets use extra security measure to keep transactions secure, including:
- Enrollment verification requests when adding your card
- Your physical card number is replaced with an encrypted digital token for each transaction
- Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay do not retain or save your card data
Yes. Remove your old card and upload your new card to the digital wallet of your choice.
Contact our Call Center right away at 907-777-4362 or our toll free number, 800-856-4362.
This means that your card is not fully added to the wallet and additional information needs to be verified. You will be prompted to call the bank. This is the Card Self Service Line for completing card activations 1-844-646-5465. If you need additional assistance please call our Call Center 907-777-4362 or our toll free 800-856-4362.
Customer Service is available during normal banking hours to answer any questions you may have. Email Customer.Service@FNBAlaska.com or call 907-777-4362 from Anchorage or Eagle River and 800-856-4362 from other areas.
Get the Free Mobile FNBApp
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details.